• Español
  • English
Servihogar es Miembro fundador de la Asociación Española del Programa Au Pair (AEPA) logo IAPA - International Au Pair Association

Requirements to obtain an au pair visa to Spain

Requirements to obtain an au pair visa to Spain

If you are going to stay up to 3 months. Citizens from USA, Canada, Australia, New Zeeland are allowed to entry to Spain without a visa or a tourist visa.

You will need bring with you:

  • A valid passport
  • Health insurance

Actually in Spain we don’t have an especial visa for au pairs so, you must apply for a student visa, if you want to stay in Spain for more than 3 months.

In order to obtain an au pair visa and can stay as au pair you must provide to the Spanish Embassy in your home country the following documents.

:: Student VISA:

  • Certificate of enrolment in a Spanish course for at least 20 hours per week. It must be a recognize centre of Instituto Cervantes. So this means that you will have to be hosted in a family living in a city/town where you can attend Spanish classes. Click here for more information.  
  • You must be enrolled as a full-time student in an official Spanish university.

:: Private health insurance: must be paid half by the host family and half by the au pair.

:: Host family invitation letter. Will be send to you by the au pair agency once you are a match with a host family.

:: Proof of funds of support to cover living expenses and to return home.

:: Valid passport for at least 1 year.

If you want to obtain more information you can visit the Foreign Minister website.

Citizens from The European Union, Iceland, Norway and Switzerland do not require a visa

Do you want to be Au Pair in Spain, contact to us for further information:

Your Details

Let us know how to get back to you.

How can we help?

Feel free to ask a question or simply leave a comment.

3 Responses
  • Jena Gernale
    January 31, 2019

    What is the process for taking student visacau pair. Im currently here in the Philippines i want to study in Spain. What is the first step to do pls help me.Thanks

    • Laura
      February 1, 2019

      HI Jena, in addition to the letter of invitation from the host family you will need to be enrolled in a Spanish school and have a health insurance. Please contact the Spanish Embassy in the Philippines for further requirements.

What do you think?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.