Language Assistants Spain: Information
ONLY FOR NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS: USA, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, UK AND IRELAND
An AuPair-language assistant is a young university person who travels to a country to live in with a host family. In exchange of teaching her native language to family members receives full board and a weekly pocket money. At the same time have the opportunity to know the host country style of life and improve the Spanish.
- Who can be eligible?
- University students or degree be able to live in a family and capable to teach and speak in her/his native language with family members.
- What can be expected from a Language Assistant?
- Be capable of teaching English to the family members using teaching materials, games, etc.
- Cooperate actively in family life: Helping to set and clear the table, helping to prepare the meals, helping to tidy the kitchen after meals and keep your room and bathroom clean and tidy.
- Be respectful with curfew if there are children at home and has been agreed with the family.
- Do not invite people without previous family consent.
- Length of stay:
- From 1 up to 12 months.
- What can you expect:
- Own room and full board in a family environment.
- Au Pairs-Language Assistants should be treated as a member of the family.
- Weekly pocket money:
- 50€ for 15h / week
- 85€ for 30h / week.
- During weekends and your free time the language assistant will have the opportunity to visit the surroundings, organize small travels to other cities and possibly gain some or improve the knowledge of Spanish.
- What is not included:
- You have to pay for your own trip to the agreed airport in Spain.
- If you are not European citizen you will have to hold a medical insurance.
- How to apply:
- AuPair-LanguageAssistant application form.[wpfilebase tag=file id=33 /]
- At least 4 pictures of you.
- Letter from your University or Certificate of your studies.
- Clear Police check record.
- Medical Certificate of heath.
- Language assistant agreement signed.
- Photocopy of your passport.
If you prefer write to email@example.com with the subjet Language Assistant information and i will send it to you within 24 working hours.
- How is the process of selection?
We match AuPair – Language Assistant preferences with family prefferences too. You are freedom to select the family of your choice. We never impose a family on you.
- So soon we receive your complete application we will start to send it to all our families that have your requirements (place, children ages..etc) and we will send to you all families that are interested in speak with you.
- Then you have to check family profile and answer us if you are or not interested in speak with them.
- If your answer is positive: Family and you discuss about any doubt that can have both parts.
- When you decided for a family and a family for you we will send you Family – Language Agreement singed by the family and we will ask you to sing it and return to us signed for you.
We ask you at the same time to book the trip to Spain and keep us informed. Please don’t book your trip before receive family agreement signed from us.
- Once in Spain.
We call you in the first week after your arrival to see how are you in your host family also we talk with host families.
- We send to you the contact details of others Language assistants and au pairs that we have in Spain and live in your area.
- You can contact us whenever you need you will have our support in case you need during all your stay.