• Español
  • English
Servihogar es Miembro fundador de la Asociación Española del Programa Au Pair (AEPA) logo IAPA - International Au Pair Association

Foreigners’ Identity Number – NIE – Número de Identificación de Extrajeros

Foreigners’ Identity Number – NIE – Número de Identificación de Extrajeros.

Who must apply for NIE?

The NIE is the foreign identification number for EU citizens who wish to live in Spain.
Although as a member of the EU you can legally reside in Spain for more than 3 months, you need the NIE to do certain activities.

In what cases you will need to have the NIE?

  • If you want to open a bank account.
  • If you want to get a Spanish phone number-SIM card.
  • If you want to enrol at a university, official Spanish language school or any other course subsidized by the Spanish State.
  • If your family has to make you an insurance policy so you can drive the car

You can obtain more information about Foreigner Identity Number (NIE) at the  Ministry of Foreign Affairs web site.

No Comments Yet.

What do you think?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.