Spanish host families, what they expect from their au pairs?
The au pair programme in Spain is focused in childcare; this is the most important for the Spanish host families.
- Au Pair Native English speakers or very high levels of English, young people able to teach English to children playing with them.
- Young people aged 19 to 21 years, loving, open-mind, friendly and with sense of humour but at the same time able to be respected by children and impose order when necessary.
- They don’t expect household. They don’t want an au pair to help to clean the house, cooking, ironing or dusting. But they expect from their au pair help with tasks such as: set and clear the table, help to keep tidy children’s room, keep au pair’s room&bathroom clean and help pick up the kitchen after meals.
- Friendly girls, in many cases Spanish families like the au pair join with them their fee time; p. ex: if they make a trip during the weekend of they go to visit relatives.
- They don’t mind if the au pairs go out until early in the morning but they like to be informed about an estimate arrival time.
- They wish Au Pairs take own initiative offering games to children to encourage them to learn English, so they like proactive au pairs.